Thursday, December 18, 2008

... just another Thursday.

It's Thursday and we have our weekly karaoke.

Our customers are shyer than usual. It took about an hour before anyone got up to sing. He was a guy in his 30s I'd say. He sung the song "Kiss the Girl" by the lobster from The Little Mermaid.

We haven't really been doing this karaoke event for long but its starting to pick up. Most karaoke places are for adults to have a good time. We make ours family oriented and boy do kids love to sing.

There was a customer today who came up to me and asked if we served alcohol on our facility. We don't and I don't believe we ever will. I told him we didn't and he proceeded to tell me that he'd just take his son to one of our competitors instead because they served alcohol. Oh well.

Oh yeah, we are also having our employee Christmas party today at 9:30 p.m. Every employee is supposed to bring in a gift to play Dirty Santa. No one is supposed to know but I forgot to get a gift. I'll find a way to get one. I always do.

2 comments:

  1. I just happened to stumble upon your blog after doing a search for activities in North Carolina. Based on past experiences, I think it is best to not serve alcohol in these types of family settings. It only leads to trouble and fights between middle aged men. You do not go to a family entertainment center because of how good the beer is, you go there for the games and activities. If the customer really wanted to drink he should have gone to a bar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. right on brother and this place does NOT serve alcohol.

    ReplyDelete